Friday 16 November 2007

Altered Book Workshop

I have another Altered Book Workshop coming up on Sunday the 25th November. If anyone's interested please email me or give Hann Made Studio Mentone a call, their phone number's on their web site.



Remember this page? It was on my blog a few days ago, well, after 'squinting', this is what I came up with.



I used oil pastel to fill in the shapes and then scratched in the design with a piece of metal, through the layers, to take me back to the gesso background.



These little things are my hand painted tea bags. I drink the tea and then carefully take out the staple at the top of the tea bag, or just pull the tag and staple off. I then gently open the bag out at the seam,usually down the middle in most bags. I wash them under running water and then paint or stamp them. You can do this while they are still wet for a water colur effect or wait until they are dry for a sharper image. I then use them as pages in some of my jewellery 'book necklaces' or add them to pages in my journal. Visit Judy and see what she has done with them.

I'd like to thank everyone who takes the time to visit my blog and also to the people who leave comments, it means so much to me. I try to get back to those who's details I have, but I'm not always able to find contact details for some of the people who comment. To all of you a very big THANK YOU.

My Etsy should also be opening this weekend, so I hope you can drop by.

11 comments:

Mary lin Huskamp said...

Beautiful!! As always, your work inspires me! Your creations speak to my heart.

LINDSAY said...

So smart! What a great use for those tea bags. Can't wait to hear the details of your next class!

Judy Wise said...

That journal page is so original and beautiful. And I just love playing with the tea bags. You do have the best ideas!

lee said...

gonna try those tea bags tonight and paint them.

Thanks for the tip

Lee

Janet said...

I wish I lived where I could take one of your workshops....but I think it's a bit far for me!

Your pages are always inspiring and always so full of colors. And the tea bags are a fun idea.

Julie H said...

Fantastic - the people page brought a huge smile to my face.

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

Hi Ro,

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I really appreciated hearing from you.

Your blog looks fantastic. I look forward to visiting it often to see what you've been up to.

iHanna said...

Thanks for the tea bag info, I have to try that some day!

Anonymous said...

Ro
You are an inspiration. Thanks so much for doing this.They are beautiful. I would love to do one of classes but unfortunately I live to far away. How much is for the class pack I saw Joannes and I had altered book envy.

lisa crofts
lisahaigh@hotmail.com

Jen Crossley said...

Stunning as always Ro Cant wait to visit your etsy shop!!!
Jen

Ruth Rae said...

"I gave you my heart" turned out fantastic!
the colors are stunning!