I went again on Saturday to see Jo and her group of five very talented ladies' exhibition. They were demonstrating some of their techniques. It was wonderful to watch them work in totally different fields, producing some wonderful things in such different, limited surroundings to their usual studio spaces.
I was impressed with everything, but really had to have a go at print making. I started out using some of Jo's techniques, but not having the right inks, press or plates I adapted things I had to suit. I used acrylic paint mixed with a retarding agent and some very old paper that I've been using for experiments. I also used my stamps for added decoration, then sprayed with pigments and scribbled and added more colour with oil sticks. Below are some of the results.
This has to be my favourite piece, a painting done my my two and a half year old granddaughter for her RoRo. I love it.
Seth has a challenge happening on his blog called Disintegration Challenge, I decided to give it a go and see what happens. Mine are acrylic painted papers with eucalyptus leaves between the papers, all tied together with raffia. The idea is to leave them exposed to the elements then on May 1st check them out to see what has happened. We have another horrible day forecast for Tuesday, temperature of 36c and 150 kph winds, I hope they survive.