Tuesday 1 September 2009

Hand made journal and disintegration project

I have been busy assembling another journal for my etsy site. My journals are very time consuming but I love making them, adding lots of details and artwork. I have also added some more collage prints to my shop too.

Below are some of the pages and covers.
There's lots of fabric and pieces of hand dyed lace doilies, sari silk, buttons and collage work, old clothing labels, prints of my artwork and original cut out pieces of my art.













DISINTEGRATION AT LAST

Finally I've made something with the disintegration project that was conducted by Seth from the Altered Page blog. We hung or buried papers and fabric etc outside for six months to see what would happen. Mine went through drought, bush fires and eventually some rain and lots of wind.

Below are the stages and results of my bundle.

There was very little change, just a touch of rust.

I've decided to add some of the papers, including the gum leaves, rusty washers and raffia that I used to tie the bundle with, to some of my textured papers and use them as future journal covers.
I don't seem to be able to get away from journals at present.






22 comments:

Kim Palmer said...

Beautiful journals Ro as always. I especially like the pages with the onion domes,something about that shape and the glorious colours you have used. Am also making journals at present and am incorporating more of your bits. Is there any of you still left? LOL!

azirca said...

Gosh Ro, you have been busy! When do you find time to sleep? Your journals are beautiful vibrant works of art.

Jacky said...

Ro your journal pages are soooo wonderful, and I was lucky enough to see some of them last weekend...inspiring just browsing through all of the glorious pages.
And... you have done your disintegration piece already...like they said above...when do you sleep!
Always a beautiful blog to come and visit, lifts the spirit.

Jacky xox

Linda’s Textiles said...

Wow! your journals are gorgeous - love the colours and the imagery.

jgr said...

Yes, I like the onion domes too, good description, Kim. I love the flowers, to and all the subtle texture. Very inspiring!

Heather said...

Your journals just get better and better. They are full of Wow and the Feel Good Factor. I love the journal cover from your disintegration bundle. Your work is so inspiring.

Sherry said...

Beautiful depth and boldness in these journals!

Disintegration -- as art. And it's beautiful!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Your work is truly amazing! Bold, vivid, intriguing.

Kaytee said...

Gorgeous journal!!!!!

Jeane Myers said...

so glad you can't get away from making your journals - they are beautiful :)

Teri said...

Juts gorgeous pages!! WOW!!

Poetic Artist said...

Beautiful journals..I do not see how you can let them go.
Katelen

Chrisy said...

So much work in these journals...and the outside paper...just shows how resilient good paper is doesn't it....

Cotton Picker said...

Your blog is packed with vibrant colour and images. What a feast for the eyes. I'm going to have to spend a couple of hours going through previous posts.

Karen Cole said...

I love what you are doing with your journals Ro. Little bits and pieces put together just the right way and become incredible.

Beautiful end to your project.

Beanie Mouse said...

I dribble every time I see these! What a wonderful obsession!!

Anonymous said...

oh I want to see the distintegration journal...show show show

ArtPropelled said...

Your journals are like a breath of fresh air, Ro.

Anonymous said...

Your journals are so vibrant Ro - just wonderful. Love viewing your work. The Disintegration piece is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...stunning ages and covers and surfaces...so tactile and sensual and yummy...what a feast here!

artymarty said...

Oh I love your journals Ro. I don't think I could bring myself to make a mark in them if I owned one.

Shannon said...

I really love your hand made papers and your journal pages. I too love making my own paper. I'm new to the whole art journaling thing, but I am working on my first official art journal right now and I can see already that I'm addicted. I'm really glad I stumbled upon your blog. Really beautiful, inspiring work.