Wednesday 8 December 2010

Another small journal

This is the other small journal I hadn't had time to list on my Etsy, it's now in there. I'm still working on orders and one I can't show until later next year.








SOLD
These are a few of the pages in the journal, they feature my decorated papers, printed pages of my art, some original cut out pieces of art, fabric elements and a variety of other papers.


I met with our art group for a wonderful Christmas lunch last Saturday, we always have a great time, so much show and tell we hardly have time to eat. I received some wonderful gifts from Patsy, Jacky, Dot and Julia, all beautiful. I haven't had time to take photos of them but I have a photo of the gifts I made for them. They are hearts stitched using my paper fabric and then they have jewellery elements added to the bottom. The backs are lined with fabric.


Here's a photo of our get together compliments of Dot.


Finally these are the pages I made in Jacky's book for our altered book swap.


This page has many layers of collaged paper napkins, built up to create texture. Jacky loves owls so I managed to add one to the right hand corner. The gold squares are cut up foil chocolate wrappers.


This page features is a fabric collage quilt.


7 comments:

Healing Woman said...

I've always wanted to use those gold tin wrappers for something and you have come up with the perfect answer. I thought they were gold leaf upon first observation. This little journal is wonderful.

You really have come up with some beautiful textured pages with the napkins!

Terri Kahrs said...

Ro, I'm drooling all over my keyboard this morning after having seen your gorgeous journal, hearts and assorted eye candy! You always provide food for the soul!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

ArtPropelled said...

Scrolling through the photos my eye is immediately drawn to the pages you did in Jacky's book. beautiful work Ro.

Heather said...

Fantastic post full of delights Ro. The journal is wonderful, your get together looks great fun and I love the hearts you made for your friends. Those book pages are exquisite and so inspirational.

Anonymous said...

Ditto the above.How wonderful to share with other artists.How Stimulating!!Your journal....wow.!!
Great post.

Jacky said...

Ro the pages you did in my journal are just soooooo wonderful. I just wish I could have taken it home to take it all in....just think of the fun we will have when the round robin is over and we can have our books to pore over and take in all the wonderful details. LOVE what you did...arent I the lucky one!

The hearts were just beautiful and I have mine hanging from the mantle piece...such glorious colours!

Another stunning journal (and already sold!). Cant wait for our next painting day at Patsy's!

Jacky xox

Emma said...

Goodness, your beautiful journal didn't stay long in your shop & I'm not surpeised!

I'm using fabric paper for my Christmas cards, love the stuff ;)