Tuesday 28 June 2011

The birds have landed

What a whirlwind of a weekend we had for our "Five take flight exhibition". It came and went so quickly but we all had a fabulous time, lots of artwork sold and we met some wonderful people, some we knew, some who just happened by. It was a kaleidoscope of colour with such a variety of art work.


Our wonderful actress Beverley Dunn, opened the exhibition for us on the Friday night, not sure where Jacky was, she missed this photo.


Here we all are together in front of Patsy's painting.
Julia, Patsy, Dot, Jacky and me


Before everyone arrived


Looking down the room.


Another view


Patsy and I made coats to wear for the opening night from some old garments.
They were a big hit and now we have people enrolling to take classes to learn how to make them.
This was mine, purple and blue of course.


Finally guess who sold her painting? 
I decided to hang my little art critic's painting just to give her a surprise when she came to the exhibition,
and she sold it, she was over the moon.

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments over the last few posts for my art in the build up to the exhibition. I've been so busy I haven't had time to reply to you all, your comments are very much appreciated. I'd also like to thank all of the people who took time to visit our exhibition, especially the ones who travelled so far, some being fellow bloggers, it was wonderful to meet you all.








17 comments:

Heather said...

That's a wonderful gallery Ro, and the artwork all looks excellent. So glad the exhibition was such a success, especially when so much hard work goes into it. Congratulations to your talented 'art critic' - she looks adorable and is obviously following in your footsteps. I love your coat - what a fantastic idea. Definitely something to think about.

Julie said...

Wow! What a super sale! I would have loved to have bought your little art critic's painting :) The exhibition looks fantastic, I wish I could have been there on the other side of the world. What a fabulous idea for making a personalised coat. 'm glad you all had a great time. There was never any doubt.

Maggi said...

Looks a stunning exhibition. Glad it went well after all your hard work and also very envious of those who were able to get there.

Terri Kahrs said...

Congratulations, Ro! What a fabulous exhibition! I love your decription of a "kaleidoscope of color"! Made my heart sing just thinking about it! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your coat is fantastic, wow, you had better give some classes on that one! Maybe an e-course for those of us far away. You new header is bright and gorgeous, and you show looks like it would have been wonderful to view. xox Corrine

Doreen G said...

Glad everything went well Ro (was there ever any doubt) so sorry I missed it.

Jen xo said...

it was a wonderful exhibition Ro and so good to meet you all.... jenny aand i really enjoyed it and of course i have a lovely piece of your textile art :)

Kim said...

This is a most beautiful post Ro.

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Congrats on your huge success! I wish I could have been there too. Your coat is fabulous and I'm anxious to see more ....like from the front.
Thanks for sharing

Emma said...

So glad it all went well, wonderful space, huge! The coat looks fabulous, I agree, more views!

sue said...

Oh Ro - the show looks fab - so glad it was successful. Looks like you all had a ball! You are looking more gorgeous than ever - do you have a portrait in the attic or something? I swear you look younger than when we met 2 years ago! Perhaps it's your "retirement" paying dividends!Anyhoo, congrats to you - and the youngest member of your show!

Holly Loves Art said...

HI Ro!
It looks like an amazing time. You must have all felt so happy and proud. Very cool! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Cheers,
Holly

Anonymous said...

Ro, Congrats on the exhibition! When are you going to start selling your paintings? I love, love, love the one of the harbour.
Olwyn

Anonymous said...

woo hoo,

how exciting for you,

lovely to see the gang all together..

sandi m said...

Ro,
I always enjoy your work. Wish more was available on your Etsy. Quite impossible to visit since I'm across the oceans from you. In fact I chuckled seeing you in boots tillI remembered it is winter there - I'm roasting in 90 degrees!
The exhibition looked fantastic with everyone's work. Such talent....

Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous spot for all of your glorious art work!! I was thinking of you all last weekend, wishing that I could have popped over SIGH!!! What a total delight and so very exciting that lots of pieces were sold!!!! Three cheers for all of you!!
Your coat is absolutely delish!!!
Big Hugs !!Now rest up for a bit!!!

Digitalgran said...

I'd have loved to visit your exhibition Ro. That coat is wonderful!