Tuesday 10 January 2012

Happy new Year

I'd like to wish everyone a Happy and Creative 2012. I can't believe it's the 10th already. Happy Birthday Patsy.
We are in chaos at home after deciding it was time to re vamp our kitchen. It's over thirty years old and we now have, (or I should say had, I don't have any at the moment), one hot plate that worked correctly, the other three only worked when they felt like it. We went out and bought a beautiful new Smeg oven with six hotplates which required more room. Two cupboards had to be removed to make way for it, one think led to another and we now have new sinks, stone bench tops and new oak cupboards on order. The intention is we'll have the whole thing completed by the end of the month, famous last words. I'll keep you posted.

In the mean time I've been doing a bit of this





watercolour painting in one of my many journals

and this


another journal in progress for my Etsy store


and some components for a new necklace.

Happy creating.


17 comments:

Sandies' Patch said...

Despite or because of the chaos, you've made some lovely items!

I'm watching this space for when your kitchen is completed....

Sandie xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, Love these new works Ro.
Kitchen reno's are The Pits- the whole house ends up in chaos. Still tyou'll be thrilled with your lovely new oven, and cupboards.
Have fun this year!

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

i hope you handle and upside down household wayyy better than me..stay STRESSLESS lovey! your work is B E A U T I F U L! xo

Jacky said...

Good luck with the new kitchen Ro...it will be wonderful when it is finished.
Beautiful journal pages (you are such a busy bee) and I love the necklace components. They would be beautiful adornments for your journals too, page markers. Very special.

Jacky xox

Jen xo said...

i lurve smeg ovens , they have such a lovely charachter....

you rkitchen reno soundslike it will be wonderful and i love your sketching and jewellery parts...

sharon young said...

Wow, your new kitchen sounds wonderful, good luck with the instalation. Beautiful journal pages.

Heather said...

Your creativity certainly hasn't been damaged by the chaos of the kitchen! Beautiful painting, lovely jewelry and another gorgeous journal - amazing.
The kitchen will be wonderful and I hope it all comes together without too much mmore hassle.

MorningAJ said...

I love your watercolour style. I'm just so 'formal' with mine and I wish I could loosen up a bit when I use them. Jealous!

Samantha Marshall said...

Beautiful, Ro!!! Enjoy your new kitchen.x

The Crafty Mugwump said...

Lovely vibrant colours to welcome in the new year Ro, hope it's a good one for you.

Julie said...

Happy New Year Ro. Thank you for the beautiful photos of your work, or rather the photos of your beautiful work :-)

artymess said...

Happy New year Ro and I wish you lots of creativity....xx

jan said...

Happy New Year, love your pictures, you've been busy too despite the chaos of a new kitchen...x

Judy said...

Ro, New kitchen Wow! Be lovely when its finished. Journal pages are beautiful and the necklace components mighty nice looking.

Anonymous said...

Love your watercolors...very wonderful!! I'll need to get over and visit your Etsy shop!!

.Trudi Sissons said...

Wow - those pieces of stone/gems are beautiful! What a unique and compelling selection.

Pauline Wallace said...

I just love your work. When I am feeling down I turn to your pages and I am blown away by such wonderful colour and expertise. I am very new to blogging so this is the first comment I have ever left. I am so inspired and truly amazed at how much work you do. Thankyou, thankyou. Best wishes, Pauline Wallace.