Thursday 16 May 2013

What a week

These past eight days have been a whirlwind. Judy Wise came to town and boy did we celebrate. I've been blogging with Judy for over six years and it was so good to meet her at last. Along with Jacky we took her to see as many things as time allowed, as well as having art play days. Judy also taught a two day Cold Wax workshop at my place, that was fantastic. I've always wanted to give encaustics a go but now I've discovered the ease of cold wax, encaustics is on the back burner.



Judy arrived on the Wednesday then joined us for sketching in the afternoon.


the next day I met Jacky and Judy for lunch then we went to Lillico gallery to see our exhibition.


Saturday and Sunday Judy held a cold wax workshop at my house.


we then had a day painting in the round, including my 3 year old grandson.


the finished piece.

The rest of the time Jacky and I showed her as much as we could in the time we had, we'll miss her terribly, she's one special lady.

Thanks to everyone for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments. I will have my latest journal to show you in the next post.



9 comments:

Debbie Osborn said...

I love this!

Heather said...

You've had a wonderful time and not wasted a minute by the sound of it. The finished painted cloth is fabulous - hope we get to see what happens to it.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

What fun! Once again friendships being created through this fascinating blog world! I visit your blog and Judy Wise so it was especially fun to see this connection and enjoy these days of play, teaching and all else!!

Maggi said...

Sounds like it was great fun, and what a fantastic result on the table.

Linda Vincent said...

What an exciting project, I would have loved to join in! Please show us what you do with it next....

rivergardenstudio said...

Your time with Judy Wise looks so special. And that art on the table is spectacular!
Thanks so much for sharing,
roxanne

Jacky said...

We had lots of fun with Judy, Ro....just not enough time to show her all the sights and art that we wanted too (hopefully another visit in the near future).
Missing sitting down and journalling together each night...with our glass of red.
Such a beautiful person.

Jacky xox

mjk said...

looks like great fun. wish i had someone to share an art date with. and as always, i LOVE the painting in the round. tfs

Judy Wise said...

Ro, you and Jacky showed me the time of my life. Your studio is simply the warmest, most nurturing space imaginable and I will carry the hours I spent there in my heart forever. Sending love to you across the vast Pacific.