Monday 16 January 2017

Fabric sorting and updating my Etsy shop

As part of my studio clean out I've been sorting my fabrics this past week. The IKEA dvd units make great storage for fabric. I still have lots more to do, but I'm getting inspired to sew again now. I had two of my grandchildren visit last week for an art day. We had great fun and they went home with half of the cast offs from my studio, much to my daughter's horror. They've now converted their bedrooms into studios, great kids.

I've been updating my Etsy shop too. I recently had high quality photos taken of some of my paintings, then had them printed onto a lovely medium weight cotton fabric, by Spoonflower.
They are great to use as a centre piece or a few to make a quilt or patchwork. They can also be put straight into a standard frame or you can add your own scraps of fabric and hand or machine stitching, to make them unique. They would also make very colourful cushions. The details are in my Etsy shop.


some of my fabric stash


the original fabric panel


after more fabric and stitching has been added


detail showing additional fabric, stitching and beads

I'll be adding some more bags, some dyed fabric kits and some jewellery to my Etsy this week.

Thanks for dropping by, I'm really going to try and post more this year.

4 comments:

Marlien said...

I love the Benno CDracks from Ikea.
They are ideal to storage yarn too.

Heather said...

I love your storage unit - the fabrics make it look so attractive. I had to smile at your daughter being horrified by the stuff your grandchildren took home. Your fabric looks almost too good to have stitch added to it. I am trying to downsize my hoard of goodies, so will try not to look at your Etsy shop - sorry!

Jules Madden said...

Hi Ro! Thanks for visiting me on my blog and leaving your thoughtful comment :) I can see too that you love lots of colour! (I can see why you love Kaffe and how awesome it would've been to do a workshop with him in Eltham- that's around where I grew up) anyway, I love your idea of using the cd holders for storing fabric. I'll have to tell my Mum this idea! And how great is spoonflower, I have had fabric printed by them too. Cheers :)

Anonymous said...

Wow - gorgeous! I can always count on your art to make me smile.