Saturday 1 September 2018

What I've been doing

It's been ages since I wrote a blog post, I thought it was about time I checked in again.
This is where I've been.


The magical, amazing Uluru in Central Australia. I took this photo from a helicopter, but we also explored the base


This is where we stayed at the beautiful Desert Gardens Hotel


One of the lovely indigenous art galleries 


My students waiting for the paint to dry so that they could continue, it didn't take long in the sunshine.


The fabulous group with their finished bags, all so different and gorgeous.


The town square is in the centre surrounded by the shops, apartments and hotels. The gardens are lovely, so tropical considering it's surrounded by desert.


The tutors. Caroline Sharkey, third from the right, organised the whole event and also taught a workshop. What an amazing time we all had, thanks to Caroline and her fantastic team of helpers.


I couldn't resist attending a workshop with indigenous artist Sarah, she was lovely and so shy. Her helper explains what the symbols mean and what her painting is about. It was a privilege to be able to learn from her. I bought one of her paintings knowing the money actually goes directly to her. I learnt so much about their culture, things I never knew before and have such a great respect for their way of life. If ever you get a chance to visit them you won't regret it.

I'll be back soon

Thanks for dropping by.


5 comments:

Heather said...

I can't imagine that I'll ever get there but it looks amazing, and I know it is a very spiritual place. The work your students did is stunning - they must have had a wonderful experience.

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

LOVED seeing all of this, your experiences! <3

Gina said...

What an amazing place to visit. One day!

Gilly Tee said...

I'm visiting Australia next year and am trying to persuade my other half to visit Uluru, It looks wonderful.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

So lovely to see this post, Ro - I've been missing you greatly. It looks like you had a fabulous time there, and inspired yet another great group of artists. I have great envy in that regard! xo