Wednesday 25 April 2007

Thinking Blogger Award

I was amazed and honoured to receive a Thinking Blogger's Award from Belinda
I hadn't really thought of myself as a thinking blogger as I usually don't give a lot of my thoughts away. I tend to keep things inside, as my husband says, I have the British 'stiff upper lip'. But occasionally I let it all out.

I have to nominate 5 Bloggers who I recommend as having thinking blogs. My list is endless. I think every blog I visit on a regular basis is run by a thinker, some have already been nominated.
So here goes, my awards go to:
Ursula Clamer she's a real thinker, everything on her blog is so profound, she has a way with words and feels deeply. Ursula also does great art works. We met in Nina's class in Fremantle this year and have stayed in regular touch and hope to meet up again next year at the Artistic Journey Retreat.
Megan Pickwell again Megan's blog is written by a thinker, her words and opinions are beautifully expressed, she's a very gentle soul and a lovely lady and artist. I also met Megan in Fremantle and again hope to meet up with her next year.
Judy Wilkenfeld she's larger than life, full of energy and enthusiasm. Judy's blog is very entertaining and full of fun. I love the way she puts everything into what she does and has a go at anything. Judy creates some fabulous art as a result of her efforts.

Gosh, so far this sounds like school reports.

Marie C I just LOVE Marie's collages and artwork. She produces lots of inspiring work and her blog is very helpful and entertaining. I also did Nina's workshop with Marie but haven't seen her finished necklace yet, hint, hint.
Marie O another Aussie who's been lured away to the US, but I know her heart's still her in Oz. Marie produces fabulous digital artwork, some of the best around, she also takes great photos too. Marie's blog keeps us up to date with what's happening in the US, but also adds snippets of information for us Aussies to smile about.

There I've done it. There are so many more blogs I would like to have added to this list but the criteria says only 5, sorry to all of those I left out, I still think you have great blogs and love what you all do, but thems the rules.

Rules are easy:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.

This is where it all started HERE

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ro, what a lovely surprise to find your kind words and nomination as a "thinking Blogger" especially this "virgin" Blogger. I am flattered by your kind words and look forward to nominating some other "thinkers".
thanks Ro,
Meganx

Karen Cole said...

Congrats, Ro.

I seem to always be interested in what you are up to..... I keep coming back. I would enjoy your award with pride.

Anonymous said...

Firstly congratulations Ro, you are an inspiration and a thinker, well deserved.
Secondly, a big THANK YOU for your kind words. I am so glad we met across the table - you were a real treat then and continue to be so now. Ux

Judy said...

Woohoo, congrats Ro!!!
Thinker yes, but I think of you as a "do-er" to. Do you think they will institiute a "do-er" blogger award. If so you would win platinum - hehehehehe.
Now Ro: Thanks for all the nice things you said about me, not sure why my blog represents me as a thinker, I try to keep it light - but ordinarily I am a thinker, ponderer etc - i didn't think that was coming through though. Anyway thanks.

Marie said...

LOL - Hi Ro - what a surprise too! I am always delighted to have you visit my blog - you always have something kind to say - so thank you so much again! PS I agree so much with your list ... I'm gonna have to think hard now! :)

Marie said...

PS Congrats on your nomination too - I always find your work sooo inspiring - so many great ideas and techniques... I also saw your stuff on art-e-zine - too cool!!!