Tuesday 6 May 2014

Where does the time go?

I can't believe I haven't written a blog post for over a month. Where did April go? I've been very busy looking after my grand boys, working on teaching proposals and teaching. I was thrilled to see that my workshop at Fibre Arts Australia, in Ballarat next year, is full already.

I'm also teaching at the Berry Quilting Retreat in NSW on the 30th and 31st of August 2014 

There are still places left in this workshop, so if you'd like to join us please visit HERE under the 2014 Retreat heading. This is a fabulous Retreat in a beautiful part of Australia.

I will be teaching a two day workshop making a fabric journal using fabric scraps, clothing labels, old clothing, broken jewellery, buttons, lace anything that can be sewn through. Here are a couple of pages waiting to be stitched into my class sample journal.


painted fabric and paper, hand dyed lace, free motion stitching


free motion stitched sheep and the stone wall


detail of the sheep

I'll have more photos soon.
I won't leave it so long this time before I post again.

Thanks for visiting and for your lovely comments. 
Back soon



8 comments:

CreativaCale said...

Sweeet:))Kiss from Serbia.
Cale

Heather said...

Those journal pages are so inspiring and I should really be brave enough to have a go on my own - especially as I can't afford the air fare to Australia!

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi Ro
Your pages for the journal for the Berry Workshop look so happy and invitiing. I'm sure it will be a complete success and they will love your fresh new approach!
It would have been nice to be there too!
Hugs,
Suzy

Elizabeth said...

I am not one bit surprised that your workshops are full dear Ro !! You are a STAR!!!!! I love your pages and the stitched sheep are delightful!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

Teresa said...

I'm one of the lucky ones enrolled in your Ballarat class next year. I've long admired your work and can't wait for the class....woo hoo for me !!

Teresa said...

I'm one of the lucky ones enrolled in your Ballarat class next year. I've long admired your work and can't wait for the class....woo hoo for me !!

Holly Loves Art said...

Hi Ro! You popped up on an old post of mine... a comment you made. Times have changed from the old days when we posted all the time and usually at least every week. I'm happy to come back and get caught up on your lovely blog. Hope you're having a wonderful day!
Holly