Monday 31 March 2014

Fabulous Faces on-line workshop

I don't draw faces very often, but have always loved Judy Wise's people. I'm participating in Judy's fabulous on-line workshop at the moment and am so inspired by the way Judy paints faces, she demonstrates so many different techniques and ways to paint. Check it out here it's well worth it.


this was my first face, I loved this process and it only took half an hour
I'm still working through the others.

I'm also conducting a gelli printing workshop from home on Saturday the 26th of April, if you are able to attend drop me an email. I will also be creating an on-line workshop of this class too.
Below are some of the prints that we will make and then turn them into a book, collage them and build up layers of paint. We will also be gelli printing on  fabric too.


this one uses a Chris Cozen stencil


the left page has been printed and collaged, waiting for painted images.
the right page has had the paint added too.


the left page has been printed and collaged
the right page has had the paint added, you can see the layers through the images.


these are gelli printed fabrics, I build up the designs in layers like screen printing.


this is a fabric page from my latest commissioned journal that is now completed.

Thanks so much for dropping by and for your lovely comments.

Happy Creating


18 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Cool journal pages!!!!

Heather said...

I love your Gelli print pages and fabrics - they are so inspiring. I must gather my courage and have a go myself. The face is excellent too.

Judy Wise said...

As always, your glorious paintings inspire and delight me. Thanks for the shout out too; big hug from Oregon. xoxo

Clare Wassermann said...

It's a bit mad but I have a gelli and I haven't used it yet. What is wrong with me ????? This is gorgeous. I'm joining Judys group when I have finished a couple if big paintings I'm working in.

Clare Wassermann said...

It's a bit mad but I have a gelli and I haven't used it yet. What is wrong with me ????? This is gorgeous. I'm joining Judys group when I have finished a couple if big paintings I'm working in.

Jo Murray said...

There's nothing wrong with your face! (lol) ...and your onion domes are fabulous.

mjk said...

can't wait for information about the online class. i love these pages.

Heather said...

Thanks for the useful tips for making marks on a Gelli plate. A perfect excuse for buying store baked cakes and eating them!!

Unknown said...

The face you've drawn is very expressive and many things can be interpreted through her look. I absolutely love your first book print and would enjoy to have a journal with those covers.

Unknown said...

The face you've drawn is very expressive and many things can be interpreted through her look. I absolutely love your first book print and would enjoy to have a journal with those covers.

Ismanto said...

Woouw beautiful artwork.....

Emma said...

That is a great first face ;) I think gelli printing was made just for you & your delicious color & pattern! Loved your wall below & the stool was great too!

rivergardenstudio said...

What beautiful adventures in color and collage, I love your journal pages, they remind me of summertime here, and will keep you warm during your winter!
roxanne

rivergardenstudio said...

What beautiful adventures in color and collage, I love your journal pages, they remind me of summertime here, and will keep you warm during your winter!
roxanne

Anonymous said...

wonderful work!!! Great face, and I love the sheep!!
I was thinking I wished I lived in Australia so that I could attend your gelli-plate workshop, but so glad you will doing it online too!!

Well, I still wish I lived in Australia!!

Anonymous said...

oops...sheep were on previous post!! Love both posts!!

Kiwiquilter said...

Just found this post, now September. Have I missed your online class or is it still going to happen? Hopefully the latter. Will lokk through more recent posts to see if I can find the answer. You work is beautiful.

Ro Bruhn said...

Hi Kiwiquilter, this wasn't one of my workshops. The image was one that I did in Judy Wise's online workshop. She may still be running the workshop, if you check out her blog.