Tuesday 3 February 2015

Fabric houses

I'm teaching at AQC in Melbourne in April and the tutors have been asked to exhibit samples of their textile work. Most of mine are in journal form, so I decided to make an art quilt using one of my paintings for reference. It's taking quite a while to do, but I'm really enjoying the process.


I still have lots more stitching to add as well as details to the houses and more people


a detail showing two of the people.


it wouldn't be mine without the sheep



my studio helpers, I can't believe how quickly Monty's growing, he's bigger than Charlie now.

Thanks for taking the time to drop by and for your lovely comments.
Back soon.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Happy houses and I love the little people, and the sheep. How nice to have two such delightful studio helpers.

Chris Gray said...

Those pieces look so HAPPY!!

Love them Ro!

x C

lindacreates said...

I love this Ro! I can't wait to see it finished.

Vicki Miller said...

Looking forward to the class, and now to seeing your quilt! Looks wonderful.

Fun, Factual, Weird, and Breathtaking said...

Love your fabric houses!

Unknown said...

Hi Ro thanks for a super class at Conference just loved meeting you and giving me such inspiration. My mind is just flowing with many ideas and now have the confidence to feel anything goes!!
Wish you well in your next project.
Kindest wishes
Jan Smith

Unknown said...

Hi Ro thanks for a super class at Conference just loved meeting you and giving me such inspiration. My mind is just flowing with many ideas and now have the confidence to feel anything goes!!
Wish you well in your next project.
Kindest wishes
Jan Smith