Tuesday 21 April 2015

Teaching, teaching and more teaching.

I know where the time has gone this past month. I went up to Berry in NSW and taught a wonderful group of ladies my fabric journal workshop and the circles on canvases. I came home and taught two painted paper collage workshops from home, and then went off to Ballarat for a week to teach more lovely students how to dye fabrics, threads and buttons and then turn these into a journal that was all hand stitched. The following week I taught for four days at the Australian Quilting Convention in Melbourne with another fabulous group of students. I'm now home working on some textile work for an exhibition in May. I feel so lucky to be doing something I really love.





some of the lovely circles made by the Berry students


these were the collages from one of the workshops at home




some of the beautiful dyed fabrics and journals created by the Ballarat students




the circles created by the students at AQC


two of the bags made at AQC, I had 20 students all together and missed getting photos of their bags and fabric journals. It's always a rush at the end.

Thanks for dropping by I really will try to post more often. I seem to post more regularly on my Facebook Page, it's much quicker than writing a blog post, but I'll try to catch up.






12 comments:

Heather said...

I feel tired just reading all you have fitted into this month! Wonderful images of your students' work, especially the fabric journals and bags.

sharon young said...

What a fabulously joyful post, all that colour, looks as if you're wonderfully busy, and doing a fantastic job with your classes.

Seth said...

That is one filled schedule. Loving those circles. Must be so much fun to make, put together and see how they come together in the end.

Jo Murray said...

What luscious work! you are busy, busy, busy.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Wonderful circles - and such a great variety. They're lovely to see!

Maria said...

WOW looked like sooo much FUN! :)

Judy Wise said...

All of your projects are beautiful! Glad you're keeping busy and enjoying life. Sending a hug.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

SO so Cool!

said...

Tu blog es una fiesta de colores, ¡es fantástico!
Abrazos :)

Jane LaFazio said...

Gosh, those circles are just like my 'Recycled Circles' from my DVD http://www.interweavestore.com/layered-and-fused-applique-quilts-from-fabric-scraps-to-recycled-circles-with-jane-lafazio.
Love the additions to them your students made!

Ro Bruhn said...

Thank you Jane, I gave the students your name as my inspiration for these, my technique was slightly different, we only used one square of each fabric and used each shape as a template for the next. It's not one of my regular workshops, I was asked if I could teach this as a special.

FAQ said...

Love your work! I discovered you on pinterest and just had to see more!