Monday 1 December 2008

Fabulous group

What a fabulous experience I had on Saturday, teaching this wonderful group of students in my first workshop at home. The workshop was decorating papers then turning them into a hand made journal. There's quite a lot of work to do in the day and these ladies excelled, all taking home completed or almost completed journals.
I had a wonderful time and hope to hold many more classes at home.
I must thank my wonderful husband, I couldn't have done it without him. He made the fabulous tables, four and a half metres long in total, working until all hours Friday night to get them just right. He also did much of the cooking, setting up the meals and washing all of the dishes. Thanks Darling.



This is the group.




The lovely Samm, what a treasure she is. Always smiling and very talented.




Two very talented ladies who I've bumped into at previous workshops Carolyn and Janette, who's just started her own blog, it's well worth a visit.



The lovely Rita who attended one of my previous workshops.



You may know Jo already, she has a wonderful blog. Jo very kindly passed on the details of my workshop to her friends, so I'll be organizing another one in early January as this one filled up very quickly.




Nicky's also a regular, she's taken quite a few of my workshops and is such a lovely thoughtful lady.



Sisters, Jacky and Lee, what a lovely pair, Jacky has been to my workshops before but this was Lee's first ever workshop, she loved the way we just splashed paint around and could let yourself be really free.



This was also Christina's first time in one of my classes. Christina has her own online store with lots of wonderful glimmer mist paints, that create wonderful effects on the papers.




Anne is also one of my regulars, she's very talented and loves to experiment with lots of different techniques and materials.



Finally we Aussies had a lovely smiling moon tonight. Jupiter and Venus were lined up very close above the moon creating a wonderful smiling face in the night sky. The advantage of living in the Southern hemisphere is, we see it the right way up, even though we're 'down under'.

25 comments:

Sam Marshall said...

Hi Ro,
Looks like everyone had a great time! Such a treat to look at what everyone was making and they look thrilled. I love the look of your workshop- so cool. Your husband is wonderful to make the tables and do so much to help everything run smoothly.
XXX

Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous first outing for teaching in your home!! I am sure taht you will always have long wait lists- Wish that I could be on one!! Jacky told us that she would be there and I can tell that she had a wonderful time!! Your husband sounds like a Wonder!!!
Elizabeth

Plum Blossom Lane said...

Looks like so much fun. Makes me want to hop on a plane to come take one of your classes.

Judy Wise said...

What a happy group of artists; I can see the joy in each face. Wish you were closer; then I'd be in there too.

Jen Crossley said...

Ro looks like a wonderful class, I bet the ladies enjoyed themselves,you are so talented and have so much to share.
Your hubby is definately a keeper thats for sure such a lovely man.
Jen

Teresa Abajo said...

A great class by all reports. Please let me know when the next one is on.

Danita said...

That looks like fun! What a great group. I envy you, all having fun and learning together!
Danita

Jo Wholohan said...

jacky was telling me about your class ro, looks like you all had a ball :))

jo horswill said...

Hi Ro...so great to be a part of your very first class, at home. And what a success it was :)
Loved the whole day.
Jo

Karen Cole said...

Hey, we saw the same sky. Pretty cool.

Looks like you had a great class, Ro. Congrats!!

MiM said...

Hi Ro,
the workshop looked fabulous, I visited Jan today and she showed me all of her wonderful creations done in the class:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ro,

From the pictures I can almost feel the atmosphere in this group, it looks soo good! And you and the ladies did a wonderful job, again I have added some blogs to my ever growing daily reads. Thank you!

Judy said...

hi Ro
Glad it all went so well
xox

ArtPropelled said...

Ro, I wish I could attend one of your workshops. Everyone looks so engrossed. Your husband souds like a star!

Linda O'Neill said...

Hi Ro...looks like you had a great class with great food too!

Our moon in the sky here in Colorado was a sad face unlike the happy face you had!:(

Dot said...

Ro - what a beautiful post - full of color and life (just like your lovely self).

Jacky told me what a wonderful time she had at your workshop and I can see from the photo's that everyone else did too. She said you were a very warm and generous teacher - and I remember that from the altered book class I did with you in May.

Lot's of good energy emanates from every photo. Your husband was such a gem too by the sounds of it!

I have it on good authority that the food was delicious (and I know both Jacky and her sister Lee are ' foodies' so they appreciate good tucker).

I hope I get to attend one of your classes soon. When is the one in January?

Take good care

Dot xx

Jeane Myers said...

Hi Ro - wow - a fabulous class from what I hear out in blogland! I'm stopping by to say thank you for your kind comment on my blog and I'm so happy you stopped by. you are bookmarked!

sharon young said...

What a great workshop, Ro, wonderful to see everyone having such a lovely time and producing such vibrant art work.
Many thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving your lovely comment.

Jacky said...

Ro we had an absolutely fabulous day... you workshops are such fun! Very liberating playing with paint and colour like that!

Thanks also to your lovely husband Steve too for looking after all of us girls for the day and to both of you for making us so welcome in your lovely home.

Looking forward to another class next year.

Regina said...

I'm so jealous! What a fab time you all had - smiling faces all around. And such beautiful pages! Tell your hubby he's a peach.
Regina

Shayla said...

That workshop looked like so much fun and your smily moon made me, well, smile :)

This is my first visit to your blog and I'm just mesmerized by your slide shows. LOVE the paintings with the sheep and whimsical colors. Great mosiacs and journal pages. You've packed a lot of inspiration into your blog.

Leslie said...

Look at all those smiling faces and that smiling moon! Beautiful.

Rachel Biel said...

How fun! Looks like all of you had a great time!

t said...

What a great workshop ro. Looks like so much fun, beautiful journals too. Love your picture of the moon, much better than the one my hubby took. Its great to think that even the moon was smiling hey.
xt

PeregrineBlue said...

What a lovely gathering of souls.