Monday 29 August 2011

Journal has a new home

The journal I've been making, my largest ever, is now in it's new home. I enjoyed ever minute of the process and am soon about to start some smaller ones for my etsy, first though I have to complete another order for a junk journal, it's all assembled, just waiting for it's covers. I'll post photos when it's complete. Here's some more shots of the 'big' journal.


This is the cover and spine.


I created a pocket inside the cover with a piece of embellished felt, I then added one of my owls.


These pages are similar to what I will be teaching in Sydney next year, see here.


As are these.


and these.

I also have a workshop coming up at home this weekend. I will be teaching the foam printing plates again. We will be printing on tissue paper and also on fabric. I made some more foam plates and did some fabric printing on calico with them. There are still a couple of vacancies if anyone wishes to attend, just email me for details.


Foam printing plates.




Printing onto fabric.

Next time I hope to have some photos on my new entrance into my studio. I can now access my studio from my work room where I teach my classes. All of the students who attend my classes at home know how I've been hanging out for a doorway to connect the two rooms. Previously I had to go up and down stairs to get from one to the other.




19 comments:

Gabriela said...

It's gorgeous!!!!

ArtPropelled said...

What a gorgeous looking journal! Love all the buttons up the spine.

Elizabeth said...

Ro !! this journal is a masterpiece!! Absolutelly exquisite!! I would so love to be in this weekends class!! Can't afford the private jet just yet!! SIGH!!
I popped over to look at the Sydney Art iS You schedule and there was your fabulous work on the front page!! Bravo!!! What an amazing lineup of classes and instructors with you and Elizabeth A and Patsy and Nic and and!! I could go on and on!!!Attending would be a dream come true for me!!! i know that you will post lots of pictures when the time comes!!! Off to do more sun prints!!
Have a wonderful class this weekend!!

Talking Horses Arts said...

Absolutely gorgeous!Just so in love with the colors and texture.
Think i will have to move to a different continent so i can be in one of your classes lol.(not kidding actually about the classes but then again Idaho is far away from everything lol )Thanks so much for sharing the lovely pictures. I will keep hoping for online classes?????!!!(hint..hint).
Hugs,
Andrea.

JP said...

Ro have you ever thought of doing an on line course for us Poms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the journal is wonderful

Heather said...

I'm sure your journal will be happy and much loved in it's new home. If I could afford the air fare and accommodation I'd take up one of those places on your course! I bet you are pleased with that new doorway even if you miss out on a bit of exercise!

Lynn Cohen said...

That is the absolutely yummiest journal I have ever seen. I am not at all sure how you sewed all those "pages" together and the cover as well. But bravo for such an accomplishment and creation! who ever got that one has to be in journal heaven!

Pretty stamps too.

Oxana said...

I love this journal!!!

marie said...

Beautiful! Sorry to be so far for this workshop!

Fenland Textile Studio said...

I love this journal. Maybe I should start working on DH now about doing a workshop in Sydney next year.

Julie said...

Wow! What an amazing book! It's beautiful. Sad to say I'm too far away to come to a workshop :-(

artymess said...

wish i lived closer i would come to your workshop .......love the journal ....x

Unknown said...

Oh Its very beautiful
Merveilleux journal

Anonymous said...

An amazing piece of work, Ro.

Anonymous said...

Every time I see one of your big, big journals I am in awe. They are so gorgeous. xox Corrine

Katie said...

what an undertaking...it is so beautiful. All those details and pages!!! wow, what more can I say!

Parabolic Muse said...

Ro, this is so luscious and pretty and looks really touchable. I love your work with color.

An'Angelia Thompson said...

Hi, Ro! Love this fat, fabulous journal! Your whimsical style is fascinating and I know I could spend hours oozing over every delightful, tactile page! Blessings to you, friend :o)

Samantha Marshall said...

The journal is gorgeous!!!