Thursday 1 November 2012

collage cards

I'm super busy at present, I'm working on a journal commission that's a gift so I can't show it until my client's gifted it. I've also added some fabric collage cards to my Etsy store. These make ideal gifts as they can be framed and hung on the wall. I love making them, just adding little bits here and there from my fabric scraps, stitching and beading. I use lots of my hand dyed laces and fabrics in their making.

I'll be holding my second two day fabric journal workshop starting November the 10th so I'm busy putting fabrics together for page kits. I'm also working out details for some up coming workshops.

Tomorrow I'm visiting Elizabeth for a felting session, I need to make some journal covers. If you visit her blog you'll see some of the wonderful work that her school students have created, great stuff.







My thoughts are with all of the residents along the East coast of the US. We certainly know here in Australia what devastation can be caused in such a short time. Take care.

Thanks too for all of the welcome visitors and comments left on my blog, I appreciate you all.





16 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Yes I know about the commitment required when completing a journal just as you create Ro!
It's also great to take a little break and create something small during the journal creating process too and these cards look gorgeous - so soft, textural and colourful.
Beautiful work!
x Suzy

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards. They really are works of art in themselves.

rivergardenstudio said...

Dear Ro, I am always astounded at what you do with color. These fabric collages are lovely... all so different but all so you.
roxanne

Heather said...

These are lovely Ro - worthy of being framed.
I echo your thoughts for the residents in USA who are having such a tough time. Here in the UK we really don't know what it is to deal with events of this magnitude.
Thanks for the link to Elizabeth's blog - I will enjoy seeing her felt work.

Julie said...

I love these collage cards Ro, beautiful colourways and so much detail.

Lorraine said...

lovely collaged card especially the green one

Jacky said...

Beautiful Ro...especially love that last green one. Such beautiful colours.

Jacky xox

sue said...

THESE DO LOOK SCRUMPTIOUS - i ESPECIALLY LIKE THE ONE WITH THE GREEN LACE AND BUTTONS! yOU ARE A BUSY WOMAN rO!

Dot said...

Your collage cards are gorgeous Ro! Like Jacky ; I especially love the last green one. Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday 11.
Dot xx

Caryl said...

Oh my gosh... these little collage cards are so gorgeous... I just love them. Your bright and cheerful colours always attract me to your art work.

Jo Murray said...

These are just gorgeous and have inspired me to experiment with fabric collage. Yay!!!!

Sandra Evertson said...

Lovely pieces!
Sandra

emma-alittlebitofeverything said...

Beautiful art cards & I've just been catching up, or trying to! with your lovely stamps, roller stamps, 2 kinds of journal (lucky Maggi!) & jewellery. Do you ever find stray feathers of that beautiful crimson rosella bird? Now there's some color inspiration!

Connie said...

These cards are beautiful.
You are such an inspiration.
The color, the texture, the composition . . . Amazingly beautiful!

Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Linda Vincent said...

I LOVE the colours you use Ro...which reminds me, I got to see your journal at Maggi's yesterday. What a treat! I loved every page.
It felt like treasure in our hands.... :-)

The Itsy Bitsy Spill said...

Ro

Hello hon! I LOVE THESE!!!


BEAUTIFUL!