Sunday 2 December 2007

Decorated papers and Altered book workshop






Above are some paper packs that I'm now selling on my Etsy store . The top image is the pack, the second photo shows the hand decorated papers, each pack is slightly different as the papers are hand decorated. The third image shows laser prints of my art and papers.

These are photos from my latest altered book workshop, last weekend.



This was Patsy's third workshop, she's so prolific with her art. This is the cover of her Asian themed book. The little figures are painted plaster. Patsy has an exhibition of her magnificent textile pictures, fabulous bags and altered books on December the 8th and 9th at the Waratah Room in St Michaels Church Hall, in Collins street Melbourne. It will be well worth a visit.



Sue's another one who's returned, this was her second workshop, her work's so vibrant. It's a real colour explosion.



This was the first time Sue had tried her hand at altered books and she did very well indeed. I hope to see her again at our Thursday night get togethers.



Lucy's a scrap booker so she was familiar with some of the materials, but I think the tea bags, serviettes and party umbrellas took her by surprise, I'm sure she thinks I'm quite mad using some of the things I collect.



Joy was also a new comer to the workshop, but she had met up with altered books before, not quite like the way I teach though. Recycling's the name of the game in my workshops, it's amazing what you can use to create such wonderful, original art, as their books reflect. Well done ladies.

11 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Ro

I dream about coming to a workshop by you one day. Awesome!

Id like to ask you something really personal. What is your definition of "FOUND"?

Just curious.

Peace

Kim

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful. I'd love to investigate altered books too, and I already love decorating my own papers. Maybe it's something I'll try in 2008. Thanks for so much inspiration!

Anonymous said...

The papers look awesome Ro!

Ann Christine Dennison said...

I love those decorated papers, your use of colour is such a delight!

Julie H said...

I love the diversity you have inspired in the workshop - such varied and wonderful results.

Ro Bruhn said...

NS In answer to your question, what do I call a found object? It covers a whole range of things, from bottle tops and bits of metal I find in car parks. To machinery, motors, computers, anything that I take apart and 'find' interesting springs, washers, bits of metal etc. It also covers finds at the op shops, broken jewellery, old silver cutlery, old typewriters etc. Just about anything that I haven't had to spend cash on.

Unknown said...

The color and patterns of your papers are great. I love making papers, then copying them and tweaking to use in my work...

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

looks like they are master alterers...great teacher...love the papers...blessings, rebecca

Jo Wholohan said...

fantastic ro, your pages are always so vibrate, love it!!!!

Judy Scott said...

Oh wow I too would love to come to one of your workshops what very lucky ladies ~ their work looks wonderful. Your painted pages are brilliant, so uplifting, Judy xx

ps Lu is a little better thankyou for your lovely message xxx

jackie said...

Thanks for commenting. I have been a bit neglectful of my blog recently, and its nice to know there is still someone out there. The colour in your work is great.