Monday 29 January 2007

Jewellery and Journals





I'm making jewellery and journals tonight. I decorated a piece of heavy weight paper with paints, a page from an old dictionary and my home made stamps. I stuck very thick card board circles and rectangular shaped metal pieces onto the paper with gel medium, when this was thoroughly dry, I cut out the shapes. I have to do the same for the other side, I'm not sure if I'm going to draw faces on the circles or just decorate them.
The journal page started out as one of my drawn faces scanned into my computer, I then took it into Photo shop and created the background. The stamped images in the background are from my hand made stamps which I turned into brushes in PS.
The final page has the same face altered with hue and saturation to change the colour. I've printed them out and glued and sewn the images to the page.

No comments: