Tuesday 8 April 2008

Awards and bling



What a lovely surprise to receive the Arte y pico award from Sharon

1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her/him the award itself.
4. The award winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y Pico' blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. To show these rules

I have so many blogs that I visit and they're all so inspiring. Having to choose just 5 is very difficult. Here goes Judy and Jen my Aussie buddies. Judy Wise, Karen Cole, and Sharon at Norahs
This is so hard as I could add so many other people to this list, Julie H, Linda and Opie, Monica Magness, Nina, Katie K, Marie O, the list would be endless. Thanks to all of you bloggers out there who take the time to drop by and visit, you're all a great inspiration to me and I thank you all so much.






This is a necklace that's now on my Etsy store. It's a bit of bling with lots of vintage finds and rhinestones. It's not quite like my usual style, but then again I like many styles and am always keen to try them all.

I mentioned Monica Magness earlier, you should take a wander over to her site and see the wonderful completed art doll that is going to be auctioned to raise money for cancer. Monica is one amazing lady, the doll looks fabulous, she has loads of photos and shows the development of the doll from start to finish.

Finally for the people who've asked what I use to make my stamps. I use a product called Ezy carve, it's a square block 80mm x 80mm. I sometimes cut it into four. I also use plastic erasers from the newsagents or art stores

Finally, finally, thanks to lovely Linda Lynch for nominating me to reveal another seven things about me, I'll have to think over this as it's late and I have to go to bed now or I'll be late for work in the morning.

22 comments:

Linda O'Neill said...

And ditto, Ro...you are always inspiring to me and your blog is a joy to visit!

Your new necklace is just beautiful.:)

azirca said...

Congratulations on your well deserved award Ro, well done. Your necklace is divine, I love all of the vintage bits.

Thanks so much for the link to Monica's blog, gosh that art doll is truly amazing! What a wonderful work for such a worthy cause. What a creation to be part of. The 182 artists must all feel so proud of what they have created.

Judy Wise said...

thank you and back at you, Ro. I do love our little community so much. Work awhile, read blogs awhile. It brings us all a feeling of closeness. xo

Julie H said...

Oh Ro, thank you so much for mentioning me and this is my favourite necklace yet!!!

Sam Marshall said...

Congratulations, Ro! Well deserved, too!!!
I love your new bling.

Jo Wholohan said...

beautiful necklace ro!!!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Thank you Ro so much for this award. You know I'm sending is right back at you too. It warms my heart to know that you enjoy reading my blog and visit often. I will be responding to the award but it may take me a little while.
Thank you and love the new jewelry.

Karen Cole said...

Whoa!!!

I am speechless.....please don't make me stand up and say anything. :-)

I am truly honored that I am included in your group of 5. I have enjoyed you just as much this past year since we started our creative and blogging relationship. You color (colour, to you) my world beautifully.

Fabulous necklace.

Gaby Bee said...

Congrats Ro, well deserved award. I have to agree, with you, it's difficult to restrict it to five.

Your new necklace is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ro - well done on your well deserved award! I love your printed papers further down the page; I've just made a book out of some of mine (I'll be posting pics of it maybe next week). Love that necklace too, particularly the way you included the cabinet key. So many wonderful things in blogland!

ArtPropelled said...

Your latest necklace is one of my favourites!

As Judy Wise says, its great to share our daily creations and musings in this dynamic community.

Judy said...

Hey Ro, well thanks for the award, very honoured and appreciative, thanks,xoxxo

Apple said...

Love the jewelry!!!

Digitalgran said...

You can't have too many awards Ro so I have also awarded you with the Pico award. Have a look at my blog.

mcdc3s said...

More beautiful jewerly. I love the way you design and mix the pieces.

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

Very nice BLING Ro!
I love the combination of materials that you chose for this piece.
I LOVE BLING!
*Smiles*
Amber Dawn

girlgonethreadwild said...

Congrats Ro on Ur award, love that bling! You are the BEST! Thank you for the mention, I'm honored you thought of moi to pass along the smiles to. Absewlutely our doll is magnificent! It has been voted and the doll will be raffled off instead of ebay...this will include more folks in the process... made a post with more details. Nearly 80 votes for raffle versus 2 votes for ebay. Working out the details now. Happy Spring, Monica :)

Jen Crossley said...

Thank you so much Ro,you know I think very highly of your work,so Im honoured dear friend that you nominated me.
Congratulations on your award well deserved
take care
Jen

rivergardenstudio said...

Ro, Your new necklace is very beautiful! Congratulations on your award, I was going to give you one too but saw that you just got it! Thank you also, for mentioning that Monica's doll was done! I just visited her site and I have the chills! I even found my little square. Wow, I am so taken aback by the magnitude of this project. Roxanne

Megan P said...

A deserved award indeed Ro - you are so generous and creative, I love to visit your world - keep up the inspiration. love the necklace.
Mx

Gillian said...

Hi Ro :)
This is such a FABULOUS Necklace, so many lovely details, I've been having such a lovely wander around your beautiful Blog, thankyou :)

Janine Davies said...

Congrats on the award and as others have said, this necklace would have to be my favourite too!
Janine