Saturday 10 January 2009

Completed Necklace




Jacky now has her necklace so I can show you the completed piece. I enjoyed making this using the potato pearls that Jacky bought in Italy, with a combination of my beads.



These are some of the fabric and button kits I have ready for tomorrows workshop. I applied filters in Photoshop to make the image more interesting.




We keep seeing photos from blogger friends in the Northern hemisphere of all of the very cold snow and I thought I might warm you up with a shot of our front garden and the lovely sunshine. I'm not looking forward to Tuesday though, they predict temperatures around 37 deg c with strong northerly winds, our northerly winds are very hot.




This is the table set up ready for tomorrows workshop.



This is the view from one of the windows in the workroom. I managed to get outside in the past couple of days and had a really big clean up. I'm finding having workshops at home is great for the house, it gets cleaned on a regular basis now.

17 comments:

femminismo said...

The necklace is lovely. Cute "pony" there, but what are "potato pearls"? And thanks for the outdoor look-see. It did warm me up. It's 30 degrees Fahrenheit here. Brr! I wish I would be sitting at one of those workshop spots. Maybe I'll click my heels together three times. Nope, didn't work. Oh, well. Have fun for all of us - jeanne in Oregon

Anonymous said...

yum..
Makes me want to sit right down and begin.
The necklace is gorgoeus, the beads are all so tonal.

Plum Blossom Lane said...

Love the necklace!!! Your project packets are nice and colorful. Looks like it would be a fun class.
Ahhh, yes, snow....I hate it. I think I'll come visit you. :)

ps pirro said...

I so wish I wasn't a half-a-world away! I want to come to one of your workshops and play with all that awesome colorful stuff in that gorgeous space you have (not to mention where it's sunny and warm, not gray and wet...) Enjoy your gathering!

Katiejane said...

Wish I could be there. Your project bags look so inviting.

Lovely necklace. You always add such interesting things.

Yep, we're cold up here, but it won't be long 'till I'm complaining about the heat.

Bel said...

I love the necklace you made for Jacky, just gorgeous. I have serious work shop envy, this is coming from a girl who works at her kitchen table :( Here in Tassie we are set for the same weather on Tuesday I think I'll hide inside with the air conditioner on. Belinda

Jen Crossley said...

Oh Ro that necklace is too die for I love how you used the hindge on the top did you rivet it?
Really awesome work
Jen

Janette Kearns Wilson said...

How lovely it all looks Janette

Art4Sol said...

Another beautiful piece...so magical! I wish I could attend one of your workshops AND enjoy some sunshine!
Darlene

Sarah said...

Beautiuful necklace Ro, and your garden sure is looking stunning. Have fun tomorrow..

KRCampbellArt said...

That necklace is beautiful.
So nice to see the sunshine too. We are covered in white with more floating down.

azirca said...

Wow! what a beautiful necklace.

Oh my, 37 degrees is HOT! stay cool and don't melt!

Shayla said...

Ro, the necklace is gorgeous!

Cindy Dean said...

Love love love the necklace!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the warmth, I can ALMOST feel it!

I'm looking forward to the possibility of workshops in my new space

Jacky said...

Hi Ro, my necklace looks beautiful on your blog. I LOVE it, and it is so special as it has personal treasures...reminders of trips and family.
Thank you so much for making this wonderful piece of jewellery for me - I have been wearing it with much pride!!!

ArtPropelled said...

Oh I love that necklace! No wonder Jacky is so thrilled.