Thursday 10 February 2011

Journal pages

I've been out of action for a few days due to a dicky knee (sorry the Aussie's will know what I mean).
It all started Saturday, I got into my car, drove for fifteen minutes, got out of my car and suddenly felt a tightness in the back of my knee. I walked around our major fabric and haberdashery store, carrying a couple of rolls of fabric, it was still playing up. Had a coffee in a little cafe, went to stand up and that was it. I had to limp out of the cafe, luckily my husband was with me, struggled back to the car and home. The doctor tells me it's tendon problems, I've had a few very relaxing days sitting with my leg up, fortunately that's worked as I'm teaching a workshop this Saturday.

I did manage to get a couple of pages done in my journal. I also prepared the kits for my workshop so not all time was wasted. 


The double spread


Close up of my sketch.


Another double spread


Close up of my sketch



This is a peak of a project I've been working on for weeks, I can't show you any more but hopefully all will be revealed during the year.


This is a new style of jewellery that I've been working on. The fabric is a piece of my sun dyed printing, stitched to a leather backing. I've hand wired carnelian beads to the chain. This and a few others will be added to my Etsy store soon.

Speaking of jewellery the master Keith Lo Bue has a new e book, fabulous value for 7 dollars. It features his blog with step by step processes of his projects, but Keith also includes some additional fantastic photos of his work. There's a whole 352 pages in the book. Better and cheaper than a magazine. It works on the ipad too.

For all of the Aussie Flora Bowley fans she's coming to Melbourne in March to teach, if you're interested in attending please contact Julia for details.




21 comments:

Joanne said...

I love your new necklace Ro! Hope you knee holds out for your class this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your knee. Hope it is just temporary. Your journal pages just brightened up my wintry landscape for me, I can picture green under all our snow. Thanks! xox Corrine

Unknown said...

Your journal pages are gorgeous!!!! I hope your knee is on the mend and that you quickly can get back to yourself. Love artwork!

Sandies' Patch said...

Oh Woe! I know all about 'dicky' knees LOL! Mine's still playing up!
Love your work.
Hope the knee gets back to normal soon!

Sandie xx

sue said...

Sorry to hear you have been laid up Ro - seems it hasn't slowed you down very much though! As always your work is a riotous blend of colour and feeling. Good luck with the class - lucky devils to be doing a workshop with you! x sue

Suztats said...

Love your "Pure Bliss", Ro. Know about knees as the surgeon says I can have a new one anytime, so hope yours is all better and fine for your class.

Kathleen said...

Your work is spectacular! I've been a lurker on your blog for ages, and just had to tell you how much I love what you are doing. Hope your knee heals quickly!

Emma said...

We get lots of things dicky over here, too. Time passing, I guess ;)

Lovely things, wonderful anticipation of your 'secret' making! I'm just about to turn a brooch into a pendant, it's about time!

Good luck with the knee & the w/s

Unknown said...

Oh I love the journal pages! So inspiring.
XXXX
Becky

Heather said...

Hope your knee will soon recover - sounds painful. The journal pages are gorgeous - I have some of those crayons but can't do what you do with them! Love the stitched piece and necklace.

ArtPropelled said...

Yup, we have dicky knees here too.Hope yours is 100% by tomorrow.

Gorgeous inspiring work as usual!

Jan said...

Always a pleasure to stop in and see what new things you are up to. You could do without the new painful knee, sorry to hear of that! Hope it doesn't last long.

Lynn Cohen said...

Hope the tendon can heal with out help.
Lovely journal pages...love the peak at the quilted beaded fabric.

juliaD said...

Hi Ro,
Thank you so much for all your work letting people know about Flora's trip here and her workshop!...You are a very kind, generous and loving soul!.
Just love what you are doing with the drawings and fabrics combined!
And that Necklace... Gorgeous!!! It has a very spiritually peaceful quality about it....xxxx.julia

Anonymous said...

Always do prefer a double spread in journals..

love the photo and the sketch along side..

off to find out who flora is...

Seth said...

Feel better soon. Your journal pages make me wish for spring!

Nic Hohn said...

sending you some love + haling for your knee. oh a big hug too!

Jen xo said...

aargh i know all about dicky knees hope yours ha improved by now. What alot of lovely colorful eye candy in your post...just beautiful...love that necklace too...

Oxana said...

GORGEOUS necklace!!!!

Debbi Baker said...

Sorry to hear about the knee - nothing quite like a little physical reminder of the things we sometimes take for granted. Love everything (as usual) on your blog!! I love the fact that I can count on seeing something vibrant everytime I visit!

Elizabeth said...

Oh i hope that your knee cooperated for your class!! I saw some of the lucious fabrics that Jackie did with you and it looks like all were very pleased with the outcome. Your journals are fabulous and I love the new necklace and little hint of felted and stitched luciousness!!! take good care of yourslef dear girl!!!