Tuesday 27 September 2011

Stamps and re-purposed clothing workshop

I carved these stamps a couple of weeks ago but have only managed to get them into my Etsy store today.


these are Honesty seeds - SOLD


a poppy seed head - SOLD


seed pods - SOLD


smiley critter


another poppy seed head - SOLD

Patsy and I held our first repurposed clothing workshop last week. It was great fun, very inspiring and amazing to see what other people create with similar garments. We only work with two students at a time which means they get at least one garment finished.


From this


to this - Maha wearing her almost completed coat


and this - the back view of Marg's coat



the front of Marg's coat


Patsy stitching up a storm.

Thanks everyone for all of your lovely comments re my stacks, I haven't managed to get around to everyone.


10 comments:

Heather said...

Love your stamps and the repurposed garments. Such a brilliant idea, and you end up with a one-off designer coat. I must go and rifle through my wardrobe!

Jen xo said...

oh wow wow, wow, so very cool, would love to do this ...they look wonderful...

Anonymous said...

These coats are fantastic. What a workshop to take!! Wish I didn't live on the other side of the world. Love your smiling critter. xox Corrine

jenclair said...

I haven't carved any stamps in several years, but I'm so in love with your poppy seed heads, I may get out my carving materials.

The garments are cool, too!

Escepocible said...

super sympa ce que tu fais, amicalement

Janette Kearns Wilson said...

It is always such a joy to visit your post.
We are all really about the same things aren't we?

Katie said...

love the poppy stamps---ok,all the stamps! And what a wonderful coat!

Elizabeth said...

What a fun workshop and so brilliant to keep it to two students!!!! Perfect for finishing up a great project and so much more relaxed and fun for all!!! love the results!! Of Course you cannot keep your marvelous stamps in Stock!!! Terrific!!

Tracy Verdugo said...

Love this Ro...why dont you two come on up to my studio and help me repurpose the bags full of op shop clothes that I have purchased over the years because I "might" be able to "do something" with them...lol! Also I've been meaning to say a big thank you Ro for all of the traffic that comes my way via your site...refferrals from here are # 2 behind FB so all I can say is you must have a lot of people who love your blog AND no wonder!! xox

Musing said...

Hi Ro,
I hope this doesn't appear three times,as my comments dont seem to be working. Just wanted to say thank you once again for th e fabulous workshop and to tell you that pics of the finished article are on my blog. As I haven't blooged for two years, you must really be inspiring me!
Marg