Tuesday 7 August 2012

Daily Journal

I've been very busy recently doing work, work, that is I've been working from home doing my graphics job. It's lovely to be able to keep my 'hand' in and work from home, but I haven't had a lot of time to do art. I decided to start another journal that I can spend half an hour, each day, to paint, do collage, whatever. Most of the pages are collaged from scraps of paper on my desk, background papers that I test my hand made stamps on, anything's fair game.


this one's painted and stamped using my hand carved stamps



tissue paper that I had between my pages has been stamped etc.


more collaging, painting, stamping, the circles are made using a roller stamp I created from a toilet roll middle, with cut out foam shapes glued to it, this is then slipped over a standard painter's foam roller. I then painted the seed pods and added the text


these were scraps of commercial papers torn into rectangles then stamped over, again using my carved stamps

I'm really enjoying the spontaneity of this book, there's no pressure or deadlines.

Thanks again for visiting and your lovely comments, they really do mean a lot.

16 comments:

Heather said...

More gorgeous pages - they are so lively and spontaneous.

Clare Wassermann said...

Once again such colourful ispiration

bellefrogworks said...

I always love your journal pages - and no exceptions here. Beautiful work - glad you got some "free" time!

Sandra Kaye said...

Oh my...lovely!! Kepp it up..this will be a wonderful book when you are done!! Hugs

The Crafty Mugwump said...

What fun Ro - you've got me checking out all the leftovers, experiments and disasters on my work tables,probably enough for two or three journals.

Jan said...

It is always a joyful eye experience to stop by your blog.

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

I just LOVE your journal pages...and your stamps! I so enjoy your blog, always. Best to you, kath

sharon young said...

What a great way to keep up with your personal artwork, love the vibrancy, my favourite is the one with the beanpod, wonderful!

Linda Vincent said...

You always inspire me Ro! I especially like the seed pod page (which I have just 'liked' and repinned on Pinterest ;-)
Now, time to get my paints out....

Samantha Marshall said...

These are beautiful Ro!

Laura said...

Hi Ro, love the raw feel to these pages. There refreshing and you can see you had a grand time on them...enjoyed seeing them.

slipping the time in..I think Julia Cameron called them Quickies..as of having a Quickie but in Art, heheheh.

Unknown said...

ahhh, the seed pods are beautiful, so good to have a journal on hand at all times to PLAY in!

Judy said...

Ro, love your new paper for a journal, each time they so different, wonderful imagination.

Belinda said...

beautiful pages - such vibrant colours & gorgeous handmade stamps. Your work is so interesting & vibrant in its diversity. Thankyou for sharing

sue said...

I love your roller stamp idea Ro - genius! Again a vibrant , ongoing work that makes me happy just looking at it.
x
sue
ps glad u can fit some art into your day!

rivergardenstudio said...

Dear Ro, I love that you can work from home, and this gorgeous journal to play with in-between. I came by earlier but could not comment for some reason.
Your are and inspiration of color and visiting you makes me smile...
roxanne