Tuesday 6 November 2007

Buys, swaps and journal pages



I've been receiving lots of lovely mail recently. Firstly some great things from Judy's Etsy store . What a fabulous selection Judy has, look at the 'piece de resistance' in the centre, how cool is that, Judy knows me well. There's something for everyone, and Judy's so generous, she gave me some extras and some beads that she'd had in her collection, which will come in very useful in my jewellery making. Go visit her. I'm sure there will be something for you.



Next I did a swap with Leighanna . I made her some of my stamps and a journal and look what I received in return, a terrific selection of things for my jewellery, look at the optical lenses and crystal drop, papers and butterfly wings and some great paper from Albie Smith, only I've used it already so can't show it here. The icing on the cake was a beautiful painted canvas of Leighannas that looks even better in real life. Thanks Leighanna.



I also did a swap with Gisele . They are three beautiful ATC's joined so I can frame them, again they are so much nicer in the flesh. Giselle also sent me some great pages out of an old stamp album and pages of symbols and music. Another great swap. Thanks Gisele.




Thought I'd show a couple of pages from my decorated pages journal. I have three journals in action at present, all three different styles. The above pages are a conbination of paper napkins, transfers, my stamps, my altered photos and some scribble to finish off.
Now, back to jewellery making.

12 comments:

Sharon Tomlinson said...

OK, so it is OK if I have a bunch of different journals started and still want to "start" more? I want to do one like this one you are showing and I want to do one like Katie K did and was in CPS and I wnat to do one like Judy Wise just showed on her blog. I only need Time!
Lovely swaps and purchases.

lklight said...

Your journals are beautiful!
It's funny looking at what you ordered from Judy's etsy shop, those are the exact same things that I was going to get, only I decided to wait a bit before ordering.

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

wow the loot yxou have now...some wondrous jewelry should come from these...the journal pages jump off the page...good color ways...blessings, rebecca

Julie H said...

What fantastic goodies Ro - it seems we have both been blessed this week. It will be fun to see what you make of all this.

Judy said...

Haven't we been busy!
thanks for the plug.
Enjoy them all.
ciao
xo

Anonymous said...

Yummy treasures! I would love to rummage in all the storage boxes in your studio Ro.

katie said...

ooohhh what a juicy post, a little bit of everything, cool, cOOl stuff from Judy's etsy store, the wonderful trades, and your always fabulous journals (three?? all different styles? - amazinG and inspiring!)
xo katie

emiliana. said...

thanks for stopping by my little blog! I have to say that the colors on your web page and your books are stunning.

Anonymous said...

What a great week you have had on the mail front Ro! Love all the goodies and the recipients of your wonderful work would feel the same. Love the journal pages Ro. with the help of Ursula I moved into the new studio space (Garage!) whilst we build again, and discovered I am a keeper of many journals at one time also!
Mx

Karen Cole said...

Goodness Ro, you never stop amazing me. Smart trades, great shopping and beautiful journals.

Debbi Baker said...

Wow what a wonderful post - so much to look at and read about! I always love visiting your blog RO - and those vibrant leap off the screen journals - they make me feel like painting!!

girlgonethreadwild said...

GIRL, you kidding me! You ever want a swap for those poppy carved stamps I'm on it like a starved dog to stale steak!

I have been watching your poppy stamps.. but never am quick enuff to catch one! lol

Let me know if you'd be interested, I've got a box of ALABAMA TRASH (rusties and all) with your name on it!

xoxo