Monday 9 September 2013

SALE

Just letting you know that registration closes on October 1st 2013 for

21 SECRETS

the workshops continue until January 1st 2014
the usual cost is $59 but it's now on special for $49
this is even greater value, 21 teachers for $49
The work being created by the students is fabulous

If you'd like to join us please check out the link HERE

I can't show you what I've been working on as it's for publication but I can show you a few photos of flowers in our garden, it's Spring, my favourite season.


orchids in a pot


the daffodil - my favourite flower of all time


more orchids, they do so well in our garden despite never getting any attention


the oranges this year have been delicious 

Two weeks ago my husband and I went to the Botanical Native gardens in Cranbourne, we'd never been there before and we were most impressed. They represent the different regions of Australia all in the one garden. There weren't that many flowers out as spring had only just started but it was delightful all the same.


the arid outback


the creeks


the tropics


the many water ways

as well as the regions of Australia, they also had ideas for private gardens and lots of quirky 
sculptures everywhere. There's also a fabulous natural play area.


garden entrances


small garden


glass and metal


there were quirky, painted watering cans everywhere

They also have some great examples of plants for your region and emphasise plants suitable for low rainfall areas


I love the pink colour of these gum nuts


'shall we dance'


they also have a lovely cafe, garden shop and function centre.

Thanks again for visiting and don't forget 21 Secrets last chance.





6 comments:

Heather said...

Growing your own orchids and oranges - wow! The Botanical Gardens look very impressive. It must take a lot of care to recreate such diverse areas in one place.
I'm afraid I have been so busy since I received 21 Secrets that I'm way behind. I have downloaded everything so can work on it at my leisure.

Unknown said...

Shall we dance is just glorious! Isn't nature fantastic?

The Crafty Mugwump said...

I can't believe that you grow orchids in your garden Ro, deep envy. We are just starting to put our garden to bed for the year. At least we got a lovely summer after a freezing cold spring.

Clare Wassermann said...

I find it amazing that you have daffodils and oranges at the same time!!
Those gardens look spectacular..nothing like that in the UK!!

suziqu's thread works said...

Yes it is so wonderful to have Spring showing its face again - finally! So many pretty colours are about to unfold!
Your orchids and daffodils look gorgeous! Our citrus fruit trees this year have been the best yet also!

Those Native Botanical Gardens in Cranbourne look AMAZING! I would so love to visit there - it must cover a huge number of acres!

Hope your 21 Secrets Workshop has had a good response! Love your last book Ro!
Happy week and enjoy the lovely warmth and sunshine!
x Suzy

Regina said...

OMG - I forgot for a minute that while it's fall here in the States, it's spring in Australia. Absolutely lovely photos, Ro!