Friday 2 December 2011

Flora - on line

I did a wonderful workshop with Flora Bowley when she came to Australia earlier this year. It was so inspiring and Flora is a fabulous person and teacher, so giving of her techniques and time. Flora's workshops are so freeing and really help loosen up your style. My whole way of painting has now been so positively influenced by Flora's workshop.
For those of you, anywhere in the world, who would love to take her class, you can now do so as Flora has set up what looks to be a tremendous on-line workshop starting in February. Registration is now open so you can find all of the details HERE







Photos of Flora and her work.

9 comments:

Lorraine said...

Thanks so much for posting this Ro - have always admired Flora's work. When are you going to do an online journal workshop?

Carey Wright said...

Wow- love the look of her work. I'll certainly be checking out her on-line workshop.... Thanks for this post Ro!

Heather said...

Wonderful free paintings, and I like the motto on her wall - 'Be brave'!

Sarah Anderson said...

that online workshop keeps calling my name!

Sandra @Alchemy(Art-Memories) said...

Thanks for sharing this info. I love Flora's process I can see why you're hooked. I'll have to check out the online workshop details and see the cost. I'm currently saving up for a workshop in PA in April by artist Mitch Lyons, Clay monoprinting artist I visited this weekend in his studio. He's planning to travel to Australia to do a workshop in the future, I'll share when I know more details. He's wonderful - he's my Flora right now;-)Have a great week!~ Sandra

Lorraine Young Pottery said...

INSPIRING! The colors and shapes and size. I like the idea of working big.

Your work really gets my mind going too :-}

Do pop by and say hi to my ceramic friends if you get the chance!

Lorraine

Anonymous said...

yum! this looks like just the thing.

I have a yearning to return to journalling and pait - splosh it, thwack it... she looks like fun.

An'Angelia Thompson said...

I'm so jealous! This looks like it was an awesome workshop. I always love stopping by here, Ro. It's always so much fun! Big hugs to you.

xxx said...

I love this coincidence of seeing Flora featured here on your blog and just recently discovering her myself.
I love her creations and attitude towards them.
Very inspiring.